Thursday, May 7, 2009

Social Networking

Was quite interested in the social networking. Had a look at facebook, myspace, and bebo, and for no particular reason I picked facebook and signed up. And low and behold I found one of my sons and his million and one friends there, I sent him a message informing him that his poor old mum is now on facebook( he will probably have me taken out and shot at dawn!!) or order me out of facebook immediately. He need not worry it was only an exercise for me I wont be keeping it up. For use in the library I am sure it would be a great way to promote library services, but then I think if I was social networking would I want to read Library news? Don't know maybe someone will help me out on this one. I also set up my Windows Live Messenger, now that is something that would come in very handy and cut down on the phone calls to friends in different parts of the world, I have not tried it out yet but am looking forward to hooking up with a few people, Will let you know how I get on. Could not get into Twitter on Youtube today for some unknown reason to see what they had to say in "Plain English" will try again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment